Posted on: 18 June 2018
There are a lot of things that you should be doing to your car on a routine basis to make sure you are doing your best to prevent issues with it from arising. Some of these things include making sure you check all the fluids, check the tire air pressure and take it in for things like an oil change, a tune up and an AC charging. However, there are also other ways you should be prepared that some people don't always think of. This article will provide you with helpful information you want to try to follow.
There are some things you should always have on you, just in case you are out and about and find yourself in need of them. Being prepared with these items on you can save you from needing to wait for help. Sometimes, you may find yourself having car trouble in a place that you don't feel safe waiting in and this can be very troublesome. In that case, you should keep the following items in your car.
1. A gallon of water in case the car overheats. Remember, never open the radiator cap while the car is still hot or it can seriously burn you.
2. Jumper cables. Along with jumper cables, you may also want to carry a portable battery charger which takes longer, but can be extremely useful if no one is stopping to help give you a jump.
3. A nylon stocking. You may be surprised by how many times a broken belt can leave you stranded. In some cases, you can make a makeshift belt with a nylon stocking that will work long enough to get you to the nearest auto shop.
4. A tire jack. You definitely need to have a tire jack and a tire iron with you in your car, in case you end up with a flat tire.
5. A spare tire. You also want to have a spare tire in the car in case one of yours goes flat. At the very least, you want to have a small spare which is called a donut. While not good for a lot of driving, the donut can get you by until you can get to a tire shop to swap it out with an actual tire.
6. A blanket, a powerful flashlight, nonperishable food and water for human consumption. Having these things with you can be real life savers if you find yourself stranded for a while.
To learn more about auto services and maintenance, contact local auto repair shops.Share